Friday 1 June 2012

My First Attempts at Iris Folding

At Christmas my Mum gave me a large goody box filled with individually wrapped craft presents! There were many gorgeous treasures for embossing, stamping, decoupage, as well as card stock, backing papers, glitter glue etc etc.
Amongst these wonderful things were two Iris paper folding kits and papers. I had seen Mum's iris folding cards but had never had a go myself and it was on my list of things to try hence why Mum included them in the box. As I have been so busy since Christmas with museums, dissertation and craft fairs I have only recently got a chance to have a go. Here are some photos of my first attempts!


I really enjoyed the paper folding part and was very impressed with the finished effect. However I did find it difficult to finish off the rest of the card and find different ways of doing it. In all the examples I could find they had used peel offs to create borders and decorate the edges. I wasn't too keen and thought that looked a bit plain, so I have tried experimenting with different ways of finishing them off including embellishments and beads, glitter glue and the odd peel off.

I am not 100% satisfied with the finished cards however other people have been delighted with them, so perhaps I am just being too hard on myself. Anyway now you have seen the photos you can decide for yourself!

TTFN

No 1
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment